Monday 11 January 2010

a lot of things to smile about

January can seem like a month to moan about. Back to work, cold weather, no money.....sound familiar? But so far for me I've managed to keep smiling and I think that's down to my thoughtful, loving family and friends.
Last week one of my great friends Nat (who has graced this blog many times) surprised me by taking me out to the theatre. I really had no idea, and the best thing was that she also invited my mum and sister (i almost cried as i saw them walking towards us!) It was the most thoughtful and perfect present any one could get me. We all went to see Breakfast at Tiffany's (my favourite film). It really came to life on the stage and I'm dying to read the book by Truman Capote now. If you live in London, and have a chance to see it, make sure you do. The acting gave me goosebumps!
And if that wasn't enough to make me smile till February, my good friend Linzi (who I've known since i was 10) came to visit me here in the big smoke. She hasn't been here since i first moved to London 4 years ago. We had such a lovely time, seeing my sister and my gorgeous nephew, running around London in the snow, and catching up whilst sipping red wine.

Anyhoo, it is now back to reality and applying for jobs. But for now i have a whole Lotta love!

Image ffffound

No comments: